I'm just a 46 year old woman who wants to stay in shape and feel good and age well. I'm not a marathoner. I'm not a triathlete. I'm just a mom. But I love to run and workout. Not that it's always fun while I'm doing it, but I love the feeling of success after I finish. Some days it's just pure will-power to finish my run or do that lunge or push-up, but at 46, I think I am doing really well. I don't know if 45 was a good time to start barefooting it, but I was having back and knee problems and ran across the book, "Born to Run," and was inspired. So I am blogging my journey of barefoot running. Thanks for taking a look. I hope it inspires and helps someone else along the way.

pre-run yoga stretch

Friday, March 18, 2011

Bikilas

My Bikilas arrived. I've run about 10 miles in them so far!

They are a bit different than the Classics that I normally run in. The Classics are a bit loser and perhaps more of a barefoot experience. The Bikilas are more fitted around the foot.

I got them with the hopes of being able to run the road as it warms up and as I've spent considerable time on the track building up to running barefoot with no TOFP. I am running four miles with no TOFP, so I'm crossing my fingers.

I am still running a bit less on the balls of my feet but rather a modified midfoot. It's more comfortable and more doable.

So the Bikilas are wonderful like the Classics for track running. The true test will be outside on the road.

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment