I'm just a 46 year old woman who wants to stay in shape and feel good and age well. I'm not a marathoner. I'm not a triathlete. I'm just a mom. But I love to run and workout. Not that it's always fun while I'm doing it, but I love the feeling of success after I finish. Some days it's just pure will-power to finish my run or do that lunge or push-up, but at 46, I think I am doing really well. I don't know if 45 was a good time to start barefooting it, but I was having back and knee problems and ran across the book, "Born to Run," and was inspired. So I am blogging my journey of barefoot running. Thanks for taking a look. I hope it inspires and helps someone else along the way.

pre-run yoga stretch

Saturday, March 5, 2011

They're on the way!!

I had to do it! I ordered my BIKILAS. Mm-hmm! Yay! I am excited.

I wear a 41 in the Classics and by the sizing chart needed a 40 in the BIKILAS. I hope they fit well.

I ordered the blue/dark grey.

I'll tell you why I did this when last post I was lamenting that I had to wait to afford them. I ordered some Nike Vomero Zooms the other day because they were on the endangered list at the site I order from, and my son's needed some running shoes (I have one son who swears he'll NEVER wear VIBRAMS because of how they look). So I figured I'd grab a pair and throw them in the closet for road runs. When they arrived they looked different from the pair I presently run in and so thought I'd better take a few laps in them to make sure they were all right.

I hit the track in the VIBRAMS for the first three miles and then thought I'd throw the Vomeros on for the last mile. BIG MISTAKE. You know the saying, "You don't know what you've got until it's gone"? Well, the contrast between barefoot and new, stiff shoes that didn't feel that great was too much. I could hardly get through the run and cool down. So I decided that my money would be better spent buying the Bikilas and sending the Vomeros back.

That's it. Now I will have the Bikilas. I'll tell you all about them after a run or two.

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment