I'm just a 46 year old woman who wants to stay in shape and feel good and age well. I'm not a marathoner. I'm not a triathlete. I'm just a mom. But I love to run and workout. Not that it's always fun while I'm doing it, but I love the feeling of success after I finish. Some days it's just pure will-power to finish my run or do that lunge or push-up, but at 46, I think I am doing really well. I don't know if 45 was a good time to start barefooting it, but I was having back and knee problems and ran across the book, "Born to Run," and was inspired. So I am blogging my journey of barefoot running. Thanks for taking a look. I hope it inspires and helps someone else along the way.

pre-run yoga stretch

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Weather!

I has still been too windy and cold here to run outside much. I can handle the cold, but the wind shuts me down. I am happy for the excuse though to run the track as it's given me time to condition my legs and feet to barefoot. If I had a lot of trail to run I'd be okay, but I don't. So my feet will need to be strong before I can handle the pavement that much. We'll see. But until then, I am still running the track in my VFF. I am up to five miles at a time, still switching up some days and doing four so I don't over do.

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment