I'm just a 46 year old woman who wants to stay in shape and feel good and age well. I'm not a marathoner. I'm not a triathlete. I'm just a mom. But I love to run and workout. Not that it's always fun while I'm doing it, but I love the feeling of success after I finish. Some days it's just pure will-power to finish my run or do that lunge or push-up, but at 46, I think I am doing really well. I don't know if 45 was a good time to start barefooting it, but I was having back and knee problems and ran across the book, "Born to Run," and was inspired. So I am blogging my journey of barefoot running. Thanks for taking a look. I hope it inspires and helps someone else along the way.

pre-run yoga stretch

Friday, March 5, 2010

Another Two-er

I am so happy that my DAUGHTER IN LAW taught me the wonders of BLOGGING so I can complain to all who will listen that MY CALVES HURT SO BAD!!!!

Okay, so I've never had defined calves. They must be the WEAKEST little underdeveloped things on my body. I ran another TWO MILES on the road in the VIBRAMS. It felt good. I loved it. But again, MY CALVES HURT. I think I made them even worse the next day during my workout because I decided to do some stairs.

I think STAIRS use CALVES muscles! Ugh! So, I chickened out today and ran 4 MILES on the road in my SAUCONY's. I used good form, but not as much fun. I'm hoping for a break on the soreness.

I PROMISE not to give up. I'll probably swing TWO MILES tomorrow on the road again. I know I will WIN this little battle if I don't GIVE UP. And I don't give up easily.

Hey, I'm 45, soon to be 46. Give me a BREAK. I'm no super athlete. I'm just a MOM trying to RUN!!

I will be excited to hear how your calves do when you try the VIBRAMS.

Isn't this exciting?

Happy Running!

Perhaps I'll finally get those sexy calves I've always wanted!!! Woo hoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment