I'm just a 46 year old woman who wants to stay in shape and feel good and age well. I'm not a marathoner. I'm not a triathlete. I'm just a mom. But I love to run and workout. Not that it's always fun while I'm doing it, but I love the feeling of success after I finish. Some days it's just pure will-power to finish my run or do that lunge or push-up, but at 46, I think I am doing really well. I don't know if 45 was a good time to start barefooting it, but I was having back and knee problems and ran across the book, "Born to Run," and was inspired. So I am blogging my journey of barefoot running. Thanks for taking a look. I hope it inspires and helps someone else along the way.

pre-run yoga stretch

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Daughter now a convert!

My daughter has been working on building up her runs and has done very well. But a few weeks back she started slacking off because of pain in the arch and joint of her big toe. I said, "Grab my VIBRAMS and take a run." So she did. She liked them. She used them several more days after that and her foot pain completely disappeared. She's LOVING it again.

She ordered herself a pair and did her first run in her OWN VIBRAMS yesterday. Loved it!

She has always loved to wear flip-flops or go barefoot--always. I think her feet are much stronger than mine for barefoot running. It's been a very positive thing for her.

I am still making miles on mine, but I struggle some days with a bit of pain in my right foot. I keep WORKING THROUGH IT and know that eventually my feet will be stronger and more able. When i run on the treadmill I have NO problem running four miles in them. But when I hit the road, three is hard work. But I keep trying. I'm hoping that the weather will warm up so I can run grass or trails somewhere.

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment